Visiting Las Vegas - What to See and Do
(Las Vegas McCarran Airport LAS, Nevada - NV, USA)
No trip to the US is complete without a visit to Las Vegas. This vibrant city is located in the Nevada Desert, far away from anything else.
The casinos here are huge, as are most of the hotels; in fact, there is very little in this city that is not larger than life. However, there is more to Las Vegas than just gambling venues. Sports events, parades and a long list of attractions of the highest quality can all be found in this truly dazzling tourist town.
Ten things you must do in Las Vegas
- Forget Elvis, visit the Liberace Museum. Located just off 'The Strip', this museum has amazing memorabilia from an equally amazing performer.
- Go to the top of the Stratosphere Tower and see the snowcapped Mount Charleston.
- Take gaming classes before heading for 'The Strip'; note that classes are not called 'gambling classes'.
- Feast at the restaurant Emerils at the MGM Grand. Here you will find the best Cajun cooking, if not the best restaurant in all of Las Vegas.
- Watch a boxing match at Caesars Palace and let your adrenaline flow.
- Visit the Luxor and the Excalibur for an impressive insight into these luxury hotels.
- Wake up early and experience the sun rising over the Nevada Desert.
- Take a ride in a Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopter. The ultimate way to see the city.
- Do your bit for conservation and visit the Secret Garden and the Dolphin Habitat.
- Watch a live volcano erupt in front of your eyes at the Mirage Hotel. Alternatively, go and see the Bellagio Fountain for more manmade fun.